Main building

 

28-Aerial-view-of-Normansfield

Normansfield was first known as ‘White House’.  It included 5 acres of grounds to start with, but extended to 40 acres towards the river-bank.   The name was changed into Normansfield, a tribute to his friend and senior partner in a law firm, mr. Norman Wilkinson.

Between 1869 an 1879 new wings were added. By the time Langdon Down died in 1896 a total of 160 residents lived at Normansfield.

1990-1992: